Tuesday, January 3, 2012

People, Places, Things(=

First off: Places
This picture is of my yard during a big snow over break. I Really like it because you can see the snow falling in front of the trees. The contrast is a little bad but, seeing the snow in the frame almost makes up for it. :) 

The second place is a big tree in front of the semi-frozen river. I really like that you can see some snow fall in the background and the open water adds a cool effect to the picture. The tree turned out really sharp and colorful (But how colorful can brown be anyways). Overall I like this picture. 


Now Things: 
This is a card that came in the mail for the family. I took a picture because it just looked cool. I turned it black and white because the colors were distracting. I like that you can see the metallic edges to the card that it shines. 

The last "thing" is of a close up of a fire in our fireplace. I turned it a black/blue/purple color to add a huge effect to the picture. When it was orange it was to boring "just another fire picture" but now that it's   different colors it makes it look like something else besides a fire. :) This picture looks really nice overall.

And finally People:  (These pictures were taken over Thanksgiving Weekend)

This is a picture of my brother about to jump down from a stature platform in a memorial park. I thought it was a good scene so I got a quick picture before he jumped. I like the way this turned out, it makes a good scene picture. The background is a little distracting though. But the subject is pretty strong. :)

This is another picture of my brother. He was looking into an "Artist's Supplies store" I took a picture because it looked cool from where I was standing. I Took out the colors except the orange Artists Supplies neon sign. I Really like that my brother is almost framed from the reflection of the reflection in the window. the reflections add a little effect to the picture, because it gives you more to look at so you don't get bored right away. Overall I really like this picture :)



1 comment:

  1. First- a lot to look at here-which is good. The tree and river one turned out well and it's a strong composition. The "Artist supplies" one is very strong. The fire log is better, but I'm thinking going with B&W might be even more interesting-taking the color out and making the texture pop out more?

    ReplyDelete